Friday, June 10, 2011

Hello, Everybody

It has been three years since I went over the road in a big old Peterbilt. I now know what Dave Dudley, Red Sovine, and Dick Curless were singing about in all those truck driving songs.

I would still be doing it now, if my legs would cooperate. I have been battling arthritis and debilitating foot, leg, back, and knee problems for some time now. I was told in 2004 that I should retire immediately, but I didn't and today I am paying the price.

However, one of the great things I get to do is come home and sleep in either my own bed or in my Lane Big Man's recliner. For that I am thankful. I also now have time to work on this website, and to see people I have not seen in a long time. I even will get to go to church, where I hope I will get a dose of that old time religion, and maybe hear some great gospel tunes again.

I hope all of you who used to come to this site when Erin and I hosted it, after Erin founded it, will become reacquainted with us, and make it even more successful than it was before. We can listen to good music, talk about our favorite artists, music, and venues, and life in general. Country music is nothing more than our lives and good country music sometimes goes right down to the very heart and soul of our beings.

I look forward to posting here, and to conversing with you on facebook. Ya'll take care, and as we say down here in Lower Alabama, Ya'll come back, Ya here.

John